Abbey Locksmiths Ltd has achieved Master Locksmith Association Approved Company Status
We are pleased to announce that Abbey Locksmiths Ltd is now an MLA (Master Locksmith Association) approved company.
After Gavin and Mark successfully completed their MLA exams to become master Locksmiths, we decided it was time to apply for the company membership.
The MLA is the largest and the leading UK locksmith trade association. Established in 1958 it is a non-profit making body; established to set and promote standards of conduct, practice and materials within locksmithing. Members are encouraged to further their knowledge through regular training courses, regional meetings and seminars.
The MLA is the recognised authority for the following organisations:
- Home Office
- Neighbourhood Watch
- British Standard Industry (BSI)
- Building Research Establishment (BRE)
- RISC Authority (formerly IPCRes, the UK property insurers’ technical group)
Being an approved company and an MLA member brings assurance to our customers. Criteria for companies is as follows:
- Employees of the company must be Master Locksmiths and will have to complete and pass the MLA examination, which includes non-destructive lock opening, lock installation, bench locksmithing and an in-depth written examination.
- All staff must have up to date DBS checks (formally CRB).
- Inspections are carried out regularly on premises, staff, vans, recently completed jobs and working practices in order to keep the MLA approved company status.
- Companies agree to abide my MLA rules and regulations and uphold the highest standards of skill and integrity.
If you are looking for a quality services for your lock and security, Abbey Locksmiths is definitely the right company for the job. We offer outstanding customer service that will ensure that our clients are satisfied and secured. To learn more about us, visit us today.